Sunday, September 20, 2009

MBSS shipped yesterday!

So I bought an FSBE II MBSS Plate Carrier a few days ago on eBay. This seller has loads of issued military gear for sale now and again. I was lucky enough to get the illustrious FSBE II MBSS.

What's an MBSS PC you might ask? It's an abbreviation for Maritime Ballistic Survival System. It's basically a kit made by Allied Industries for the US Military and consists of a plate carrier, a modular assault pack, flotation device, magazine pouches, chem pouches and an admin pouch.

The reason why it's so hard to get, is because Allied Industries does not sell these items to the public, only to the military. And not just any military branch are issued those items, but mainly Special Forces like Navy Seals and Marine Force Recon and such.

That's why the MBSS Plate Carrier can go up to 2000 USD. But prices have dropped a lot lately. Nowadays you can get an MBSS for around 400 USD. As a matter of fact an OD (olive drab) colored one, just sold for 400+ USD. Which is definitely not a bad price.

The label: description, NSN, contract #, cage code and production date.

My coyote brown one, usually sells for around 500 to 600 dollars nowadays. Just a few years ago they still went for 2000+ USD. I guess it's the economic crisis which is bringing the price down.

I actually thought I would never own a rare piece like this, but recently I have been very lucky in acquiring the harder to get pieces of FSBE II gear.

Anyway I'm glad I found it and I just wanted to share this with you guys. Now I just hope it will get here soon!

Signing off,


G.

No comments: